|Guide for Transfer Students|
We are excited you have chosen UTC as your home away from home and as a
transfer students for Fall 2013-Spring 2014 you may begin submitting
applications for housing on Monday, February 4, 2013. Please keep in mind that
you must be admitted to the university before you can apply for housing.
1) Submit a Fall 2013-2014 NEW Upperclass/Transfer housing application at the following link now: https://rmsweb.utc.edu/ or “Manage My Housing” at www.utc.edu/housing.
2) Pay the $25 non-refundable application fee by March 7th to be eligible for Housing Assignment beginning in March. This payment must be paid online after you have completed your application. You will not be eligible for a room until you have completed an application and paid the application fee.
3) Check your UTC email account for room assignment. Once you have been assigned a room then you will have 10 (ten) calendar days to pay your $225 reservation fee and confirm your room. The $225 reservation fee is refundable, with written cancellation request; prior to June 1, 2013 should your plans to attend UTC change. Cancellation requests received after June 1, 2013 will result in forfeiture of the $225 reservation fee.
· Assignments are based upon when you completed your application and paid the non-refundable $25 application fee.
· If you have roommate preferences then Assignments will be based on the date of the last person who applied for housing.
· Failure to pay the $225 reservation fee within the required 10 days will result in room assignment being cancelled for non-payment.
We would also like to take a moment to remind you how quickly our housing fills. It is important for you and your roommate(s) to complete your application and pay your fees early.
During room selections, you will also be required to choose your desired
meal plan. All students who live on campus are required to purchase a meal
plan. We suggest you review the meal plan options by visiting the dining
services website at the following link before room selections begin: http://www.campusdish.com/en-US/CSS/UnivTennChat/MealPlans/MealPlanOptions.htm Although meal plans are chosen
through the housing website, please direct all meal plan questions to the Mocs
Card Office at (423) 425-4109.