Welcome class of 2017 to the University of Tennessee, Chattanooga (UTC). We’re glad to help you make a new home on our exciting and vibrant campus. You have some big decisions ahead of you beyond deciding your major or selecting courses. Mainly, where will you live? How will you navigate the campus? However, please be assured we are here to help you succeed so “Let the adventure begin”.
We are excited you have chosen UTC as your home away from home and as an incoming freshman for Fall 2013-Spring 2014 you may begin submitting applications for housing on Thursday, Nov 1, 2012. Please keep in mind that you must be admitted to the university before you can apply for housing.
Freshman room assignments will begin in April and room assignment contracts will be mailed shortly thereafter. Please be sure you complete step 1 and 2 below in order to be eligible for an assignment and watch your UTC email account for your room assignment information and complete step 3 immediately upon receipt of your assignment notification to avoid cancellation:
1) Submit a fall 2013-2014 freshman housing application at the following link now: https://rmsweb.utc.edu/ or “Manage My Housing” at www.utc.edu/housing.
- Freshmen Only Buildings are Guerry, Decosimo and Walker.
- Freshmen & Upperclassman (mixed) Buildings are Johnson Obear, Boling, Lockmiller and Stophel.
- To add a roommate preference you will need their UTC ID. Only mutual requests will be considered.
- Auto-Assignments are computer generated, the university cannot guarantee roommate or building preferences.
2) Pay the $25 non-refundable application fee now to be eligible for Auto Assignment on April 3rd. This payment must be paid online after you have completed your application. You will not be eligible for a room until you have completed an application and paid the application fee. Payment must be received by March 27th to be considered in the April 3, 2013 assignment cycle. To make payment have a credit card ready and go to Manage My Housing” at www.utc.edu/housing click the Make Payment link once you have logged in.
3) Check your UTC EMAIL ACCOUNT for room assignment based on Auto Assignment dates below. Once you have been assigned a room then you will have 10 (ten) calendar days to pay your $225 reservation fee and confirm your room. The $225 reservation fee is refundable, with written cancellation request; prior to June 1, 2013 should your plans to attend UTC change. Cancellation requests received after June 1, 2013 will result in forfeiture of the $225 reservation fee.
To make payment have a credit card ready and go to Manage My Housing” at www.utc.edu/housing click the Make Payment link once you have logged in.
- Auto Assignments are based upon when you completed your application and paid the non-refundable $25 application fee. If you have roommate preferences then Auto Assignments will be based on the date of the last person who applied for housing.
- If you have roommate preferences, then Auto Assignments will be based on the date of the last person who applied for housing.
- Failure to pay the $225 reservation fee within the required 10 days will result in Room assignment being cancelled for non-payment.
Auto Assignment Dates:
$225 Reservation Due
1) April 3,
2013 April 13, 2013
2) May 6,
May 16, 2013
3) May 31,
2013 June 10, 2013
4) June 14,
2013 June 24, 2013
5) June 28,
July 8, 2013
We would also like to take a moment to remind you how quickly our housing fills. It is important for you and your roommate(s) to complete your application and pay your fees early.
If you are not assigned a room during a particular auto assignment then your application will remain active until the next auto assignment period. It is university policy that all freshmen live on campus. As an incoming freshman, please rest assured that you will be provided temporary accommodations, should regular housing space become filled, until we can provide you a permanent room assignment.
During room selections, you will also be required to choose your desired meal plan. All students who live on campus are required to purchase a meal plan. We suggest you review the meal plan options by visiting the dining services website at the following link before room selections begin: http://www.campusdish.com/en-US/CSS/UnivTennChat/MealPlans/MealPlanOptions.htm Although meal plans are chosen through the housing website, please direct all meal plan questions to the Mocs Card Office at (423) 425-4109.
How to Check Your UTC Email
- Go to utc.edu
- Click My MOCS Net
- Log in using your UTC ID & Password (should
have been included in your admissions packet)
- Once logged in click Xmail in the top right
For answers to housing questions contact (423) 425-4304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org from your UTC email account.